Monday, June 15, 2009

To B or not to B

I have some catching up to do because I've had an exciting couple of weeks, but I'll get to that later. Right now I just wanted to talk about how chatty I am and how I've turned into a regular parrot. I mimic words I hear all the time, but I usually just say the first syllable. And I really like words that start with a "B". What a great letter.

Here's a list of some of my new words. Since most of them start with a "B" and I only say the first syllable, you kind of have to be there to know which one I mean. I'm very contextual.

Ba (ball), buh (bubbles), boo (book), bzzy bee (busy bee), bay-b (baby), bee (bib), bees (please), caw-caw (the sound a crow makes), hoo-hoo (the sound an owl makes), ah-kay (OK), law-lee law-lee (lolly lolly, from the Hey Lolly song), me (me), mmmmm (yum), shu (shoe), haw (hot). Plus a lot of "L"-heavy babble sounds which are in my secret toddler language.

I'm also still a big fan of singing, and I even sing a few bars of the alphabet song when Mama sings it to me. But then I run to get my alphabet bus to provide the back-up music (I have to be sure Mama stays in key). And I love when Mama sings "Snuggle Puppy" to me because she ends by giving me snuggle puppy kisses, which make me laugh.

1 comment:

Loren said...

Snuggle Puppy is a big favorite at our house as well!