Monday, July 27, 2009

The power of "No"

I really like the word "no". It's so much easier to be demanding when I can shake my head and say "no" to everything. Two of my favorite things are to have someone read me a book and to have Mama sing songs to me while I eat. Now, not only can I ask for book time ("REE!" for "read") or song time ("row-row", because Mama usually starts off by singing "Row row row your boat"), but I can keep saying "no" until Mama figures out exactly which book or song I want.

Here's how breakfast went today:
Me: Row-row! Row-row!
Mama: Row row row your boat, gently down the...
Me: NO
Mama: Mary had a little...
Me: NO
Mama: Old McDonald had a...
Me: NO
Mama: The ants go marching...
Me: NO
Mama: Twinkle twinkle little...
Me: NO
Mama: There was a farmer who had a dog and Bingo was his name-oh...
Me: (grin and clap)
See how well that works?

No comments: