Thursday, February 19, 2009

Last-minute trip

Last weekend, we took a last-minute trip to Colorado to attend my Great-grandma Marie's service. I never got to meet her, but I'm glad that I got to go and hear stories, see pictures, and meet so many people who knew her. She loved the color pink, so I saw lots of pretty pink flowers and I even got to walk around during her service and say hello to everyone in the church! I also got to meet some of my relatives from Kansas and some of Papa and Gramma Hill's friends.

I had a fun time on the trip, even though the plane rides were not my favorite. It's really hard for me to stay still for more than 5 minutes, so nearly 3 hours of having to stay on Mama and Daddy's laps did NOT please me. I kicked, screamed, hit, bit...pretty much did everything I could to express my extreme displeasure before I finally passed out on Mama's and Daddy's very uncomfortable laps. They said that next time I either get my own seat (a couple rows away) or they're sending me FedEx overnight.

Here are some pictures from the weekend. I'm calling everyone Aunt and Uncle because it's too confusing to count how many "Greats" are supposed to be in front of their names. And how come you go straight from Uncle to Great-uncle? What happened to Grand-uncle? (Oh yeah, I do call Great-uncle Jim and Great-aunt Marsha by their "great" names, because I have an Uncle Jim and I didn't want to confuse you.)

1. After finally wearing myself out on the plane
2. Gramma Hill and Papa read me a bedtime story
3. I try to climb up on Mama's lap
4. Cheri, Daddy, Aunt Robin and Uncle Ray look at old pictures of Great-grandma Marie


5. Uncle Brendan gives me a beer (not really...Daddy gave it to me)
6. I show off how I can do "no hands" while I eat
7. I brush my teeth on Papa's lap
8. Aunt Robin and Gramma Hill admire my extraordinary handsomeness


9. Aunt Kimberly teaches me to play the piano
10. I make sure to Swiffer under all of the furniture
11. Pink flowers for Great-grandma Marie
12. My uncles David, Brendan and Patrick with Gramma Hill and Daddy


13. My aunts Jenny, Meghan and Kimberly with Mama
14. Everyone plays cards while I eat dinner
15. Hanging out with my Great-uncle Jim
16. Cuddling with my Great-aunt Marsha


17. A last-minute Swiffer before I go to bed
18. Watch out people, I'm coming through!
19. I shake my Uncle Darren's hand good-bye
20. Wore myself out again on the plane ride home

No comments: