Sunday, February 1, 2009

Movin' on up

Today was my last day in the "creepers and cruisers" room at our church daycare! My walking has gotten so good that the teachers said I'm ready to move up to the toddlers room! It looks so fun over there. They have a slide and all kinds of big toys. I can't wait to try it out next week! I just hope they have a Cheerios bar too. I love the Cheerios bar.

Today was also the first time I ran across the room yelling "Mama!" and ran into her arms for a hug. Normally I'm rather oblivious to when Mama and Daddy are around, especially when I'm in a room full of toys. But I felt kinda huggy today. It made Mama really happy. I think she almost cried, but she's been kind of teary lately. When she started tearing up during an episode of "Full House" she blamed it on something she calls "hormones". I'm going to use that excuse the next time I throw a tantrum.

Now that I'm getting so heavy, Mama lets me walk all the time instead of carrying me. I walked back to the car from church this morning, and then walked all the way down the block to our house (we had to park a block away because our street somehow became "the" place to park this morning...Mama can't wait until we get our garage rebuilt so that she can actually park near the house). I can even step over the cracks and doormat without tripping! I'm not as fast as Jammy or Oliver yet, but I'm getting there.

No comments: