Wednesday, February 20, 2008

To sleep or not to sleep

I've got some catching up to do, but I've been very busy so I haven't had a lot of time to post. Plus, I've been spending a lot more time asleep in spite of my best efforts to keep mama and daddy on their toes at all hours.

Mama's tried the magic car seat a few times (letting me fall asleep in it while I'm in the car, and then moving it to a dark room for me to continue napping once she gets home) but so far I haven't slept in it overnight again. However, she's been putting me down for bed by 8 PM every night and for some reason, I can't stay awake to complain! I get myself nice and riled up around 7:30 PM because I know what's coming, and then suddenly there's the milk-drug and the next thing I know I'm waking up several hours later. And then I'm still too tired to yell for mama, so I just call her (she responds to a few words now, like "coo" and "gaaa") and she appears with more of the milk-drug.

Last night, I didn't wake up for over 9 hours. Actually, I might have slept longer except that mama woke up at 4:45 AM and panicked because I wasn't up. She tried to sneak into my room to make sure I was OK, but it was dark and she ended up poking me on the side of my face when she bent down to feel for my breath. I was too tired to wake up, but I let her know my displeasure by whining and kicking. Then I woke up and called for some food 30 minutes later. She thinks I don't know that she came in and disturbed me.

Now that I'm sleeping more at night, I've decided to stay up more during the day. I like to divvy my awake time up between crying, fussing, talking, kicking, and staring at the wall. Lately I've been really enjoying the crying and fussing, so I've been spending more time on those. I'm quite good at it now, if I may say so myself!

Speaking of which, it's time for me to get busy on my bedtime fuss. I find it helps me scream more loudly if I take lots of nice deep breaths before I start. In...out...in...out...

No comments: