Friday, February 22, 2008

What a boy wants

I really don't like my cradle right now. I used to like it when I was just a little baby, and then when I was about a month old I didn't like it anymore. After awhile, I decided it was OK again and mama has been letting me nap in it every day. But since last weekend, I have determined that it is the last place I want to be. In fact, even if mama puts me in there when I'm fast asleep, I'll wake up within 2 minutes and scream to be taken out. And then I'll fall back asleep immediately, as long as I'm not in the cradle. I can't pinpoint what it is that I dislike so much...I simply don't like it.

But I know what I do like. When mama puts me in my crib, I get to visit with my friend the happy little star, who lives on the crib bumper. I stare at him, talk to him, and yesterday I even laughed with him. He's great.

I also like mama's friend Jen. She has the prettiest blonde hair. Mama and I went to visit her yesterday for a coffee break, and I practiced my best flirting on her. I stared at her until she looked back, and then I'd slip her one of my most charming smiles. She'd always smile back -- she was putty in my tiny little hands. Just wait until the pretty little girl in her belly comes out and meets me in a few months!

I think I might be starting another growth spurt. I'm hungry all the time and I don't like to nap anymore. Last night, I kept mama up all night because I woke up every 2-3 hours and wanted to eat. I think mama's getting tired, but I'm a growing boy! I'm already at the end of my 3-6 month jumpers, and my goal is to grow out of them completely by the time I'm 5 months old.

It's another sunny day today, so maybe I'll take a little snooze when mama takes me on a walk. Or I'll just stay awake all day like I did yesterday.

No comments: