Sunday, October 12, 2008

C'mere you wascally pumpkin...


Mama and Daddy took me on my first pumpkin-hunting excursion today! I was under the impression that hunting requires a bit more than simply dressing up like your prey, but apparently that's the best way to lure those sneaky pumpkins out of hiding. Obviously it worked really well, because there were pumpkins as far as the eye could see! I camouflaged myself among them for a bit to get their guard (gourd?) down, and then we picked out two big ones and two little ones to take home. I had a pretty good time, although I was tired after a while (hunting is exhausting) and just wanted to go home for a nap. However, since I was one of the only babies smart enough to bring my pumpkin costume, I stuck around long enough to rustle up a whole slew of pumpkins for those other, less prepared, families.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take home the right pumpkin?

Anonymous said...

Despite our reservations, we did opt to take home the pumpkin who yelled "mum-ba-mum-ba-mum", clapped his hands, tried to bite us with his two tiny teeth, and attempted to crawl away from us after tossing his stem/hat into the mud.