Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama!

Today is Mama's birthday and we had a really fun time celebrating. We went to Gymboree, where I freaked out and clung to Mama the whole time (she thinks it's because I'm still transitioning to one nap, so the lunch hour is pretty tough for me). Daddy, Cowboy and I gave Mama some really nice presents and she was so happy with them and gave us all kisses. Then we went to the store and I got my first pair of big boy shoes! I'm so excited to wear them (they're blue and yellow and look SO cool), but Mama says I need to practice walking a little more (I don't walk very well unless I'm barefoot).

While we were at Gymboree, I didn't want to play with anyone else except Mama, Oliver and Oliver's mom, so Mama rocked me on the pony and the blue boat and anything else that rocked, and I snuggled and sang my songs. I sing everytime I get rocked.

I've learned how to give kisses really well, and I like to surprise Mama by coming over to her and giving her a big "Muah!" on her cheek. She's always so happy when I do that. I gave Daddy a kiss today during dinner, and he was happy too. I also picked up some fuzz off the floor and put it in Mama's mouth. I'm not sure how happy she was about that.

Even though it kind of sounds like today was all about me (what day isn't?), I hope that Mama had a really nice birthday! She tells me that I made it the best ever. That's awfully nice of me.

No comments: