Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sick of it

I've been sick for at least a week and you know what? I'm SICK of it! My nose is always running, my upper lip is chafed from having my nose rubbed so often, I cough and hack, and I drool constantly because I can't breathe through my nose. I'm tired of this. At least Daddy got me a nice Froggy humidifier for my room so that I can breathe more easily AND I have a friend to keep me company at night!

One thing this cold has not affected is my appetite. Big surprise there, huh? Although today I wouldn't eat the grilled cheese sandwich Mama made for me. I'm not a big fan of grilled cheese. I much prefer the pan-fried sesame noodles with bok choy that Mama made for her lunch and ended up giving to me instead. I also like the cheese sticks that we shared for a snack (if by "share" you mean "I hang onto Mama's cheese stick while I eat mine, and then I eat Mama's").

I'm still working out whether I want to take one or two naps per day. Today was a one-napper, but yesterday I took two long naps. The day before was a one-nap day. I like to keep Mama on her toes.

Speaking of which, I also like to be on my own toes! I'm quite good at standing up on my own now, although I haven't tried to take a step yet. I do like to stand and clap my hands or wave my toys in the air. I also really like to walk with Mama or Daddy's help, and I barely need to use their fingers for balance anymore. I just like the security of knowing they are there.

I've emotionally recovered from that traumatizing "Santa" encounter last week, and I hope that I never have to do that again.

No comments: