Saturday, November 3, 2007

The difference one day makes

Mama's toes
  • Yesterday: Chipped red polish from month-old pedicure.
  • Today: Fresh new mauve polish from my last pre-baby pedicure, ready for show time.

Baby's head
  • Yesterday: I'm sure it's somewhere in there.
  • Today: I know exactly where it is. It's really low in my pelvis, pushing up against my bladder.
Contractions
  • Yesterday: Feels like baby is "mooning", balling up, or stretching out on all sides at once. Not painful, just a general tight feeling across the top and front of belly. Here, touch my belly -- it's like I've got rock hard abs.
  • Today: Feels like baby is trying to make a break for it. Moderately painful, low and deep pressure radiating from my pelvis around to my lower back. Don't talk to me. Don't touch me.
Comfort level
  • Yesterday: Feel big and unwieldy, but still relatively mobile. Feels like baby and belly are growing by the second; somewhat concerned that belly will pop like a balloon. Slow down...I can't walk that quickly.
  • Today: Feels like I'm carrying a bowling ball between my legs. You go on, I think I'm just going to sit here for a bit...
Mindset
  • Yesterday: Excited, looking forward to things moving along at a nice reasonable pace, happy that risk of pre-term delivery is over. Let's make sure to get all of the last minute tasks done so that we're ready for the baby!
  • Today: All right, let's do it. I'm ready. I don't care if the nursery is done. We have the bed and some diapers, we'll survive.

No comments: