Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dooby dooby due date

Zachary's finally full term today!

When I was pregnant, I complained about how there's this "myth" of the 9 month pregnancy (it's actually 40 weeks long, which is 10 months). I guess Zachary was listening to this myth as well and figured at 9 months it was time for him to make his appearance. I should be grateful to him though, because if the few days of discomfort I felt at 9 months were any indication of how the 10th month would be, it would have been a very long month...

We took Zachary in for a check-up yesterday to have him weighed and check for a possible eye infection. He was 6 lbs even -- so he's gaining well and the nursing seems to be working! And there's no eye infection -- it's just a clogged tear duct that will eventually resolve itself as he grows. In the meantime, we massage the tear duct with a warm compress to help him drain his tears.

Happy due date, little man! And keep on eating...we need to fatten you up so that I can start taking you out and showing you the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is your due date, Zachary, but you had surprises in store for all, didn't you??

Love, Gramma