Friday, November 2, 2007

Engaged for action

We just had our weekly NST and check-up, and it looks like babyhill is starting to get ready for his/her big debut! I'm dilated to 1 cm, 60% effaced, and the baby has engaged to the -1 station. This all means that labor could start anytime between now and 3 weeks from now...which we already knew. But at least we know things are moving at a nice reasonable pace, unlike the stressful pre-term pace we were having before.

My doctor also gave me a prescription for knee-hi compression stockings. Yay! Not only will my insurance cover a large portion of the cost (those little things are PRICEY...especially considering how unattractive they are!), but now I can go back to wearing my low-rise maternity pants without having to hitch them up every two seconds. At this point in my pregnancy, the low-rise pants are much more comfy than the full-belly pants because they put less pressure on the baby.

On the way home from the hospital, a warning light switched on in the car and the screen said, "Airbag fault". It seemed to us that a defective airbag is a particularly bad thing to have when one is 9+ months pregnant, so we called the dealer to see if we could get the car serviced. Initially we were told that they would try to fit us in next week, but once Chris explained that his wife is pregnant and ready to pop any second, they quickly offered to take the car today and provide a loaner car until my car is ready. Neat how this pregnancy thing works!

So now I have a zippy little Golf (I requested it, even though they wanted to give me the higher end Jetta) to play in for the weekend. I love it! And Chris has installed the extra infant car seat base into his car in case we need to head to the hospital before I get my car back.

We're ready to go! Now it's just a waiting game...

No comments: