Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy 3 weeks!

Zachary's three weeks old today! And his actual due date is coming up next week! It's kind of funny how focused we were on his due date (November 27) for so long, and now it's finally coming up after we've already had him for nearly a month. I thought that I'd be working right up until his due date. Hah! I guess he showed me.

Zachary's still doing his favorite things: eating, sleeping, and going through diapers like nobody's business. He's also added new activities: fussing and crying (i.e. screaming like a banshee), mostly in the middle of the night. We're in the midst of weaning him from the bottle feedings, but we still give him a bottle (in addition to nursing) at night and that seems to settle him down a bit. During the day, he has a few more awake times but he still spends most of his time either nursing (every 1.5 - 2 hours) or sleeping.

My mom and stepdad arrived on Friday, so now we have more grandparents in the house! They are enchanted with their grandson (and keep commenting on how tiny and how beautiful he is) and are also really enjoying Cowboy. Cowboy is happy to finally get some attention again, and he's been a lucky dog because he gets extra walks with A-Mah and Opa now. He's also learning a bit of Mandarin and German -- which should come naturally to him since he is part Chow and part German Shepherd.

I've added a few more pictures from the last week, and I've started labeling each set by the date I post them. My mom also brought us a gift from my Da A-ie Wenmei (big auntie Wenmei -- my mom's older sister): a fancy digital camcorder! So now I might start posting videos too, as long as I can figure out how to do it.

Pictures: November 25

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! the original due day! Good job on growing there Zachary, soon your head will be bigger than your mom's hand. Wooo!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wenmei! I think he's looking more and more like your brother. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

We miss you here at the office - you know that place you used to come to during the day. I would say work but you have a whole new type of work to focus on now. He is beautiful!
Miss you!