Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

Today was my first swim lesson, and I'm still deciding what I think about it. This whole swimming thing is interesting. It's like taking a bath in a giant lukewarm tub, with 20 other people. And no soap.

I don't mind the water, but I'm not exactly splashing with joy yet either. I spent the entire class watching everyone, taking it all in. The teacher said that it's cute how mellow I am, just checking things out while Mama pulled me around the pool and sang silly songs to me.

Cute? I'm not cute. Babies are cute. And I'm a big boy swimmer. Besides, part of the reason I was so mellow is because I was half-asleep. Swim class starts right when I usually go down for my mid-morning nap. Maybe next week I'll take a nap in the water -- it is kinda relaxing in there.

No comments: