Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Daddy rules

I'm not sure if you all know this yet, but my Daddy is awesome. He makes me laugh all the time and I love to play with him. I'm always so excited to see him!

Every morning, we have "guy time" while he gets me out of my crib, changes my diaper, and dresses me in a cool outfit (I've learned from him that it's very important to look good and to always -- ALWAYS -- remember to do your hair before you leave the house). Then he brings me to Mama so I can have my breakfast milk-drug while he gets ready for work. He plays with me a little longer before he goes to work, and he always gives me lots of smooches and tells me he loves me and misses me while he's gone.

I can't wait until he gets home from work in the evening and we play some more or go for a walk in the neighborhood. Then he gets me ready for bed and reads me a story right before I go to sleep. My favorite is "Goodnight Moon", which he can read now without even looking at the words! Yes, he's that talented.

Mama tells me that today is Father's Day, so I'm supposed to let Daddy know how special he is. I don't really understand that -- I think every day is Father's Day! But I did get him a little gift to show him that I love him. I haven't given it to him yet because Mama and I are letting him sleep in today, but I just know he's going to love it. I made it myself!

Wow, it's almost noon. Isn't Daddy up yet? I'm planning to take him to the zoo today, so he'd better wake up soon! (In all fairness, Daddy was up at 7 this morning so that he could play with me before I went to church with Mama. He's taking a nap after watching part of the US Open.)

No comments: