Tuesday, July 29, 2008

...and I'll have yours too



This morning, Mama gave me a double-serving of my oat cereal with pear. I ate it all, and then I ate half of Mama's oatmeal with blueberries.

As you can see, eating solids has not been a problem with me so far. I will eat pretty much anything you give me, and if I don't like the taste, I'll grimace but I'll keep eating. Once, I even threw a temper tantrum during dinner (Mama took the spoon away from me), but that didn't stop me from eating. I'd scream and cry but keep my mouth wide open like a bird. Mama would give me a bite and I'd close my mouth to swallow, but I kept screaming with my mouth closed ("MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! MMMMMMM-MMMMM-MMMMMMM!!!"). When I was done swallowing, I'd start screaming out loud again. I ate my entire dinner like that.

That was only once though. Normally I am very well-mannered and happy to eat. Of course, by "well-mannered" I mean "grabbing everything I can reach and sticking my fingers in my food so that I can smear it on my face".

Here are some pictures of me before a meal, excited to be in my high chair because I know what's coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is getting so big!! Looks like such a big kid! Way to go with the solid food man!

Anonymous said...

you're making a GREAT start z, with the solids!
love how you're progressing w/the crawling... you DEFINITELY need to eat more to make up for all those caleories you're burning