Friday, July 11, 2008

Triops has three eyes...

...and I've slept through three nights! Maybe this will be my regular pattern. It seems to work out pretty well, although Mama is wondering if I'm getting up too early or too late. I go to bed at 6:30 PM and get up around 6:30 or 7 AM. Then I nurse voraciously (it's been a long night!) and I start complaining and getting cranky and wanting to take a nap by 8 AM. So Mama's wondering if I'm really UP up at 7 AM, or if that's just when I want to nurse and then I should go back to bed for a little while. Or perhaps I'm actually up at 6 AM and just hanging out in my crib, which is why I'm already tired again by 8 AM. That theory may have some merit, considering that when Mama or Daddy get me out of my crib in the morning, I've pulled all of the stuffed animals down and have them strewn about the crib.

I've also started babbling. Before, I was saying sounds like "mmm mmm" and "nyum nyum" and "SHRIEK!!!", but now I say, "BAAA BAA BAAA BA BA BAAAAA". And when I say it, I make sure to open my mouth really wide and hitch my jaw to the side. Mama says it makes me look like a drunken sailor. She's trying to get a video of me babbling, but every time she pulls out the camcorder, I stop. Because this is my thing and I will not allow my talents to be exploited.

If you're wondering about the title of this post, it's referring to a song by They Might Be Giants that we really like. Mama's friend Sita gave me the CD and we listen to it all the time in the car. I was thinking of it this morning because I finally got to meet Sita yesterday! We went for a long walk around Gasworks Park, the Burke-Gilman trail and Fremont and Mama and Sita had a nice time catching up. I had a nice time chewing on my monkey blanket. And pulling on Sita's necklace and bracelet. I was going to go for her hair, but Mama rescued her from me before I got that far.

No comments: