Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

For Easter weekend, Mama, Daddy and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo for the Bunny Bounce Easter Egg Hunt! We showed up right when the gates opened at 9:30 AM, along with half of Seattle. I had my wagon and my basket, and I was ready to go! And since this is Seattle, I had my fleece sweatshirt, rain coat, and fuzzy wool hat too. We got in quickly and made our way to the Toddler Egg Hunt in the north meadow.

The Toddler Egg Hunt was so much fun! At first I had to look really hard to find the eggs. I'd see a bunch of eggs and watch as the older kids swooped in and filled up their baskets. I was a little wobbly walking on the bark, so I couldn't get to the eggs quickly enough. But one little girl was really nice and gave me one of her eggs to start my collection, and then I discovered that I just had to stand there and someone from the zoo would come by and sprinkle eggs all around me! Mama and Daddy helped me fill up my basket, and then I found a stick and was really happy. We left the Toddler Egg Hunt (recycling our eggs on the way out so that other kids would have lots of eggs to find) and I rode in my wagon with my stick and a yellow egg that I really liked.

After the Egg Hunt, we stopped in the Zoomazium so that I could climb around in the toddler play area and listen to the zoo ladies tell a story about a mommy bunny and her baby bunny. Then I got to see a real live bunny! But at that point, I was already tired and cranky and gearing up for a performance of my full-body tantrum.

You should see my tantrum, it's quite a show: I arch my back and kick my legs out and throw myself on the ground or twist and cavort in the air if someone is holding me. I often hit my head on the floor or a nearby object, which makes me scream or cry louder. For some reason, Mama usually doesn't seem to realize that I'm mad and thinks that I'm dancing with her or calls me a wet noodle (that's when I refuse to hold myself up) and wiggles me around in the air, which makes me laugh. It's hard to keep up my performance when I'm laughing though.

Anyway, I was at the end of my rope so we left the Zoomazium and headed back home after a quick visit with the sheep, rabbits and chickens at the Family Farm. I'll post some of those pictures later -- today it's all about the Bunny Bounce and Egg Hunt!



No comments: