Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tip-toeing through the tulips

For a couple weeks of the year, we have the best garden on the block (the rest of the time, our garden is...well...let's just say that no one's stopping to admire it). A couple years ago, Daddy planted a whole bunch of tulips because they are Mama's favorite flower. The plan was to enjoy the tulips for one year, dig them all up, and then plant a "real' garden the next year. Daddy got as far as planting the tulips and then digging them up, but never got around to planting anything else. And you can see how the garden looks after Daddy spent several hours digging up every single bulb. Apparently, tulips are pretty tenacious around here.

After a quick game of being tossed in the air, I ignored the tulips in favor of a dead leaf and then I wandered off to investigate some rocks. Daddy and Mama finally forcibly encouraged me to enjoy the tulips (I couldn't get off the rock wall without their help, so I had no choice) and I guess the tulips are pretty cool...for flowers. I do think it's a little weird that some of them are taller than I am though -- aren't flowers supposed to be dainty?


2 comments:

Deborah said...

Your blog is so darn cute lately, I am hugely envious. I have been much admiring and enjoying it, although too busy (lazy) to comment. Hilltot should come over soon to play in our new sandbox! We have not seen you guys in forever!

wenmei said...

Sandbox? YES, we'd love to come over to play!