Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What goes buzz buzz?

Bees go buzz buzz! And where do bees live? In hives! And where can you find hives? All over my body!

Yes, another first for me. Hives. Everywhere. Apparently I'm allergic to something. I haven't had anything new to eat or touching my skin in the past several days, so we can't figure out what I'm reacting to, but at least the hives don't bother me too much.

Mama noticed a welt on my arm last night after I played at the playground (so it might be some kind of pollen or bug bite that got me) and within an hour I had hives all over my body. She gave me some Benadryl before my bath, which cleared everything right up. I didn't have trouble breathing or anything, so I went to bed and slept just fine. This morning I had them all over my body again, so I got more Benadryl and went about my day. Another dose of Benadryl after my nap, and now I'm back in bed for the night. Like I said, they don't really bother me (except when Mama or Daddy try to look at them) so we're just waiting for them to go away. Hopefully it's a one-time reaction to some mystery substance and I won't have to worry about them again!

Here's a picture of me before my bath tonight. The hives are just starting to come back again, about 3 hours after my last dose of Benadryl.

No comments: