Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beach day

Today was a beach day! Since it was so pretty out, we to Golden Gardens to soak up some sun and enjoy the water. We walked along the beach, ate popsicles, cried when we got our feet wet in the surf (well, that was just me), and played in the sand. The beach is fun -- I hope we go a lot more often now that it's getting warmer! And maybe next time Mama will remember to bring my pail and shovel so I'm not stuck playing with a rock and a bottle cap.

On the way home, we stopped at Red Mill to pick up some cheeseburgers and onion rings. I've always refused to eat beef before, but I've recently decided that I like anything that's on Mama's plate. So I ate half of her cheeseburger (no tomatoes or pickles though -- yuk!) and then polished off my kichari and applesauce.

You may have noticed that I'm eating kichari a lot. That's because of those digestive issues I mentioned earlier. Mama's trying to feel me simple healthy meals that are easy on my stomach so that the probiotics have time to work and fix things up. She's hoping that my belly is just out of whack because I've had so many colds and viruses this spring, and once things are back in order I won't need the probiotics anymore. It does seem to be working so far.

Anyway, here are pictures from our beach day! I didn't get to eat much of the popsicle because Mama dropped hers in the sand right after she gave me a few licks. So my tongue didn't turn blue like Mama's and Daddy's tongues, but I stuck it out anyway.


1 comment:

Judith said...

I miss Red Mill sooooo much! Way to make me jealous....will be planning a trip to Golden Gardens SOON!!!