Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

So today is the day that I'm supposed to treat Mama really well and let her know how much I appreciate her. Luckily, I had Daddy around to help me, because frankly, I wasn't really feeling up to it. I was super duper cranky all day long and Daddy got to experience the majority of it. That was actually kind of a present to Mama, because she was really happy that Daddy was handling me all day so that she could have a break.

We went to Cafe Flora for the Mother's Day brunch, which is one of Mama's favorite places to eat. I decided that I was not interested in being confined to the high chair, so Daddy tried to entertain me by taking me on walks outside while Mama had the food wrapped to go. We went home so I could eat my lunch and take my nap, and after my nap, we went to the Meridian playground with Cowboy. I had a lot of fun climbing, sliding, swinging, and running through the grass.

I got Mama a book called A Picnic with Monet because I really like to climb on her lap and have her read to me. Daddy got her a pregnancy massage at Dreamclinic, which apparently is the best place around for a massage. She really liked our presents and especially liked the card we got her (I wrote my own message for her). She had a nice day overall, even though she was really tired and spent a lot of time lying down.

Here are some pictures from today, as well as a few from our trip to Gas Works Park yesterday. At Gas Works, I climbed all the way to the top of Kite Hill by myself and played in the sundial on top. I even got to take off my socks and shoes and splash in the water -- it was great.





No comments: