Saturday, April 5, 2008

Not so fast, Mama

A month ago, Mama thought she had me figured out. She'd read about these "wonder week" things and thought that since I was 4 months old, that was the reason I was so crabby. Turns out that I was just crabby for no reason (or maybe I had a reason, but I can't remember now because c'mon...that was AGES ago!). Mama re-read the wonder week thing and realized that the timing is based on my adjusted age, not my actual age.

For those of you new to my blog, I decided to make my grand entrance to this world a bit earlier than I was expected. Thus, for a lot of developmental milestones -- especially those around sleep -- I'm about a month behind my actual age. The age I'm supposed to be, based on my due date, is called my "adjusted age". According to my adjusted age, I'm almost 19 weeks old instead of 22 weeks old.

So anyway, one of the biggest developmental milestones (read: crabby times) happens at 19 weeks. Some call it a "wonder week", some call it "sleep regression", some call it "being a major pain in the tush". Call it what you like -- all I know is that I have lots of crying planned and I expect some quick action to make things better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd give a shout to the neighborhood KU Fan on the eve of the big game... My team lost early so I'm with you now! Go Jayhawks!