Monday, August 4, 2008

9 months in, 9 months out

Today was my 9 month birthday, and we celebrated by having two of Mama's close friends fly long distances just to see me. Sita flew up from San Francisco and Margaret flew in from China! And Cowboy flew in from the backyard. Gosh, I must be pretty special.

OK, so maybe they didn't come here just for my 9 month day. Maybe Sita was in Seattle for a camping trip and stopped by for a visit. Maybe Margaret was really just flying home from her vacation in China. And maybe Cowboy is always around. But I prefer to think that everything was arranged around my special day.

I saw the Dude this morning too (see, everyone wanted to wish me a happy 9-month day), and he said that I'm doing really well. I'm even back on the growth chart for my weight! I dropped off the chart (to negative 3rd %) when I was 6 months old, and now I'm solidly back in the 5th % range with my hefty 17 lbs and round belly. At 27.5", I'm in the 25th % for height, and my noggin is leading the field in the 40th %. It's officially time for me to move out of my infant car seat, because I'm past the height limit even though I'm almost 10 lbs shy of the weight limit.

I got a new prescription to try to clear up the rashes on my arms and leg, and the Dude said that Mama can stop giving me my acid reflux medicine to see how I do. He checked out my nose and lip to make sure I didn't hurt myself seriously in my little tumbling incident this past weekend (everything's fine), and he was duly impressed with my sleeping and eating habits.

I didn't have to get any shots this time, which was really nice, but they did poke my heel to do a blood test to find out if I'm anemic like my Mama. I didn't even flinch when the nurse poked my heel, and the test results showed that my hematocrit level is just fine.

So that was my day! Happy 9 month day to me!

No comments: