Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ker-thump

Well, I had another first today. I have to say, it wasn't my favorite thing to experience. I got my first fat lip. I can't find that page in the baby book, so it must not be a standard milestone.

I got it by crawling off the bed as I was trying to reach Daddy's phone on the night stand. I haven't developed depth perception yet, so I was completely surprised when my world fell out from under me and even MORE surprised when we suddenly reconnected. And yes, both Mama and Daddy were within a couple feet of me at the time. I'm that fast.

We're on a trip to Sun Mountain Lodge, but Mama and Daddy called the Dude in Seattle to make sure that I'm OK. I cried a lot, but it was mostly because I was scared and more than a little upset about the whole situation. I got lots of cuddles, songs, and even an extra dose of the milk-drug. And I got to suck on an ice cube too! I ate my breakfast, took a nap, and now I'm as good as new (other than the fat lip).

Now we're on our way to the pool! Maybe my fat lip will help me float better.

Update at 5:40 pm
Good thing Daddy took the picture of my fat lip right after I got it, because today I've exhibited my wonder baby healing powers. My fat lip was gone by 3 PM. I went through the entire cycle of healing: fat lip > bruised swollen lip > bruised unswollen lip > unbruised unswollen (i.e. normal) lip. My nose is still a little red and my normally cheery personality is a bit on the edge, but otherwise I'm doing just fine.

Now I can tell people that yes, I do my own stunts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! That must have been so scary. At least he is adventursome.

sun mountian - i have heard that is a great place. i would like to go some time.

Hope all is well. things are nuts here. so nothing much has changed.