Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My buddy

Cowboy and I are buddies. When I was little, we weren't really sure what to make of one another. He was this big furry thing who either ignored or licked me, and I was a small loud thing who distracted Mama and Daddy from playing with him. But now that I'm such a big boy, we like to hang out.

I lounge on him, yank on his fur, stick my fingers in his mouth and pull myself up using his ears. I like to follow him around the house, although right now I'm not moving quickly enough to catch him. But I'll be walking and running soon, and then he'd better watch out! I also like to grab him whenever he walks by, and I stick my hands in his fur and pet him if he stands close to me. If Mama asks "Where's Cowboy?" I look for him and smile. And he sheds a lot, so I try to help out around the house by sweeping up his fur on my clothes as I scoot around the floor. Mama even cut arm-holes in a Swiffer for me to wear!

Cowboy is a really good dog and I'm glad that he's mine. Even though it's kind of icky when he licks my face (just in case, I always squint my eyes shut when he walks by -- Mama thinks I should probably close my mouth too, but I keep forgetting that part), I like him. I can't wait until I'm big enough to ride on him.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You MUST post photos of Zachary wearing the swiffer outfit! and is it effective as a dog hair collecting device? I guess it doesn't matter because Benjamin doesn't crawl anyway. But I am loving the idea.