Sunday, August 17, 2008

Slow down

Mama thinks I'm growing up too fast, but I disagree. After all, it's not like I'm asking for the keys to the car, right? But I am very busy learning new things and asserting my independence.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm cutting a tooth. In fact, I might be cutting two teeth at the same time! But Mama can't tell because I'm not letting her take a close look. It's my own little secret.

I'm also starting to get up on my hands and knees and rock back and forth. I haven't actually crawled yet, but I'm thinking about it. Right now, I can get where I'm going by scooting on my belly, but this crawling thing might be worth looking into. Especially now that I have a big blister on my foot from pushing myself around on my belly.

I love to finger walk. I walk all over the house with Mama or Daddy's help. I pick my feet up really high, kinda like Cowboy does when Mama makes him wear booties.

And food. Oh boy, food! I love it. I'll eat pretty much anything, and I've just started picking up finger foods to feed myself. I'm pretty good with pieces of cooked sweet potato, little bits of bananas (it's easier when Mama coats them in crushed cereal), and pieces of tofu. Mama also got me some sweet potato cereal puffs that I really like -- they are easy to pick up and they dissolve in my mouth.

I talk a lot more, and I've discovered new sounds that I like. I like to suck my breath in and out really fast, either through my mouth (puffing up my cheeks) or through my nose. I also like to take big gasping wheezes, usually followed by a screech or giggle-cough. When I want you, I look at you and say, "EH!" until you pay attention to me.

I've grown out of my infant car seat and am now cruising around in my big boy convertible car seat. It's so much more comfortable, and I look so grown up in it (I can see myself in my monkey mirror). Mama told me to get comfortable, because she plans to keep me strapped into the car seat until I'm in high school.

So with my new mobility, vocalizations, incoming teeth and self-feeding mastery, I'd say I'm pretty close to getting a place of my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3:30 on Sunday... Benjamin and I are headed to the playground and would love company. Not sure that I have your number, but will now try to find it via google etc. call me if you get this and want to come along! 206-524-5463