Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy baby

I've been pretty busy the last week or so! After going to Sun Mountain Lodge for Daddy's company get-away (where I had my first fall and got my first fat lip/rug burn combo), we all headed down to Texas to go to a wedding and visit friends. I was very good on the plane trips (2 flights each way), even though it was way past my bedtime on the way home -- we didn't get home until midnight! But I only complained a little bit and I slept as much as I could on Mama's lap.

Texas was a lot of fun! And it was really hot. It was 104 degrees while we were there, but luckily I had my cool stroller with me so I didn't get too over-heated. I felt bad for Mama, because she had to wear a full length bridesmaid dress and have her hair and make-up styled to the nines (I almost didn't recognize her) for the wedding. But she looked nice all fancied up, and we all had a good time.

Because I'm so handsome, a nice lady wanted to hold me during the wedding ceremony. It was funny when Mama walked down the aisle, because at first she only saw Daddy, without me. You could see the look on her face, "I'm gone for 10 minutes and he's already lost him." But I was in the pew in front of Daddy, playing with the nice lady's fan.

Mama's friends (who got married) live in New Braunfels, and we drove past the Schlitterbahn Waterpark. Apparently it looked like a lot of fun to Mama and Daddy. They want to go back when I'm old enough to think that it looks like fun too. Right now, I just think it looks like a whole lot of bathing in a giant cold tub filled with strangers and scary slides.

In addition to the wedding, we went to see the Alamo and walk along the Riverwalk in San Antonio. The Riverwalk isn't very stroller-friendly, so Daddy had to carry me up and down lots of stairs. That was nice of him.

Then we drove to Austin to see Mama and Daddy's friends Mark and Rebecca. They used to live in Seattle and they have a baby boy Luke who is 4 months younger than I am. He's my newest friend, and he even has a friend named Oliver like I do! We had a lot of fun staring at each other and grabbing for each other's legs, hands and toys. We babbled to each other in our secret baby talk and made plans to hang out when we're older and can properly appreciate the pool and entertainment room. It's going to be so great when we're 15 years old.

The flight home felt a lot longer than the flight out there, because we didn't even get on the first plane until after my bedtime. I was so tired and cranky, especially considering my new development: my first tooth! Yep, I waited until an out-of-town trip to cut my first one. I figured that I'd already be all out of sorts because of the time change and inconsistent schedule, so I may as well throw in a bit of tooth-cutting cranky drooliness to top it off.

I like to play with my little tooth with my tongue and fingers, and Mama keeps giving me a worried look whenever I nurse. I wonder why.

Here are some pictures from my trip. Mama will add more to flickr eventually.





No comments: