Monday, March 9, 2009

I thought we had McAfee for this

Apparently, Mama and Daddy take better care of their laptops than of me. They have McAfee anti-virus software loaded on their computers, but nothing protecting me!

Last night was the hardest night I remember (although Mama claims that there were some pretty long nights when I was a newborn). I kept waking up crying with a high fever. Then the crying would make my throat hurt so I'd start hacking. Which would make me cry even more. Mama spent most of the night rocking me in the glider, singing to me, giving me water to drink, and giving me infant Tylenol every 4 hours. The Tylenol would help me sleep a bit, but then I'd wake up crying a couple hours later. Daddy even changed my diaper at 2 AM because the amount of water I was drinking was sure to overflow, but it turns out the tears and the sweating from the fever took care of most of the extra fluids.

This morning we went to the doctor since I've had a fever on and off for 4 days. She checked me out and said that it looks like I have the virus that's going around right now. Runny nose, fevers, sore throat. I can't take anything for it other than Tylenol, Benadryl and Maalox (to help soothe my throat so I can eat). She said my fevers should start coming down on their own by Wednesday...two whole days away! But at least there's an end in sight.

Here's a picture of me at the doctor's office. I was having a moment of happiness because Daddy let me play with the paper.

No comments: