Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good

Remember my original posse? My friends from Mama and Daddy's birth & labor class? I've known them since I was in the womb! And now that we're all such big kids now, we decided to get together for a little party last weekend. Not everyone was able to make it (no Jammy or Oliver), but I still had a lot of fun.

I saw Amadea, Kirsten, Enna and Hieu and played in Enna's big blue tube (I love that thing) and stole everyone's food. They didn't realize how good I am with a spoon, so I'd nonchalantly sidle up to someone with a plateful of food and quickly dig in for a bite of hummus or bean salad. And then Hieu's mom Thy pulled out a banana, and of course I had to get a piece (or three) of that!

I'm no longer the smallest one there (remember how everyone kept commenting on how I'm the oldest yet the smallest at the last get-together?) but Amadea is still leading the pack (and yes, she's the youngest). I think I'm a close second though, and if it weren't for her ponytail I might even be the tallest one.

Kirsten's going to have a little brother in July, so she and I are both preparing ourselves for this whole new world of "sharing" and "not being the center of attention". Hieu liked to bang on things as much as I do, and Amadea seemed to have the sweets for Hieu. Enna was super nice because she shared all of her toys with us (did I mention the tube?).

I had a great time running around with everyone and wore myself out by the end of the afternoon. And there was no way Mama was going to get a picture of all of us together. Are you kidding?

Mama posted all of the pictures on Flickr, but here are a couple favorites.


No comments: