Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Please pass the beans

Mama's a little concerned that my current eating habits are just a tiny glimpse into what it will be like when I'm a teenager. She's afraid she's going to have to spend half of her time cooking food and the other half shopping for more food. While Daddy works 150% of his time to pay for the food.

Yesterday Mama gave me a lunch consisting entirely of finger food (sandwich cut into strips, avocado chucks, slices of pears, cheese), and I didn't look up once from my plate until I'd polished off every last morsel. And last night when Mama was making my dinner, I ran to my high chair and pulled it out.

Today for lunch, I had a full grown-up serving of spinach lasagna (with the yucky cheese taken off -- remember, I don't like cooked cheese and I spit it out if it sneaks into my food), half of an avocado, and two tangerines. And I kept asking for more, so Mama gave me some of her lasagna too. Then she decided that it's time for my nap even though I was still signing for more (albeit with my head resting on the table).

I can't wait until I wake up from my nap and get my snack! I'll probably get yogurt with sliced strawberries or cottage cheese with sliced grapes. Yum! Food makes me very happy.

No comments: