Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's a zoo out there

This morning we went to the Woodland Park Zoo* for a few hours. We got there right when it opened, along with all the other parents and their early-bird toddlers. I still don't appreciate it quite in the same way Mama and Daddy seem to, but I had a fun time. We saw lots of loud monkeys, elephants, giraffes, bears, a wolf that looked like a really big Cowboy, and even a peacock walking around the food court plaza! My favorite animals by far were the otters, but not the real ones. I liked the bronze otter sculptures they have in the bear den. I wanted to stay to play with them and give them lots of pats, hugs and kisses (Mama said that it's no wonder I get sick all the time), but eventually I had to let the other kids play with them too.

We had a quick lunch in the food court, where Daddy paid an arm and a leg for an order of sweet potato fries (which I wanted to eat instead of my sandwich). Then Daddy gave me a ride through the rest of the zoo on his shoulders, and he only hit my head against branches a couple of times. I got him back by using his ears as handles. I fell asleep the minute we got in the car and didn't even wake up when Mama took me out, took off my coat, shoes, socks and pants (I spilled a cup of ice water on my lap during lunch), and put me in my crib. The zoo is exhausting!

*How in the world did they manage to get the URL "zoo.org"? Someone in their IT or marketing group was on the ball!





No comments: