Thursday, March 6, 2008

Not my favorite thing x 4

Today I had my 4-month check-up, and no one mentioned that I'd get poked by the evil needle-wielding nurse again. FOUR times! My legs are really sore now and I've had a fever all afternoon because of it. Tell me again, why are we doing this? Is that line from Juno ("Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream") true? It sure seems like it to me, and The Dude (my doctor) sure got to enjoy some serious screaming from me today! Mama got to enjoy it too, because whenever she moved me I screamed again.

When they weren't busy torturing me, my check-up was pretty good. I weigh 11lbs 12.5 oz now, which keeps me squarely in the 3-5% range for weight. The Dude isn't concerned about that though, because I've always been in the same range. He says I'm gaining weight just as I should be.

Where I'm excelling, if I may say so myself, is my length and head circumference. I am now 24.5 in long and my head is 41 cm in circumference (and no, I don't know why they measure my head circumference in centimeters when everything else is in inches). My head is in the 10-25% range, and my length is in the 25-50% range. Way to go, me! I guess that explains why most of my outfits are super baggy but still too short. My mama tells me that I put the "man" in "manpri".

Speaking of which, in addition to being really uncomfortable from the shots, I spent most of the day with my legs cramped up inside a one-piece that's too short for me. I had a little episode in Starbucks which required a full outfit change. When mama looked in her diaper bag, she realized that she never replaced the back-up outfit when she put away all of my NB and 0-3 month clothes. Hmph.

Now I'm sleeping (with the help of a bit of baby Tylenol for my fever) and planning my next wake-up. I've been sleeping 6-8 hours for awhile, but in the past couple of days I've decided to start waking up after 3 hours again. The Dude said that it's normal for me to "regress" at around 4 months, but that mama and daddy shouldn't feed me when I get up because they'll just reinforce the regression. So I think they plan to withhold the milk-drug from me if/when I get up tonight at 10 PM. We'll see how well that works. My scream is satisfyingly shrill and piercing now -- and it seems even more so at night.

No comments: