Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Secret milestone

Mama's been reading the books to find out why I've been so fussy and have been refusing to nap even though I'm exhausted. She read something about how babies go through these mental developmental growth spurts or "wonder weeks". Our brains are working so hard, sometimes we can't sleep or we don't want to eat. But then we get overtired and fussy. Plus, it can be overwhelming and uncomfortable for us when we learn new things.

4 months is a common time to hit one of these wonder weeks, and guess what? I'm 4 months old today! So mama thinks she's figured me out. But you know what she hasn't figured out? She hasn't figured out just what I've developed. Ah hah! I'll surprise them yet.

Today was yoga day, and it was pretty fun. Usually I'm not very happy about it because mama doesn't pay me enough attention, but today I got to hang out with Oliver on a yoga rug. That was cool for awhile. Then I realized that no one was entertaining me, so I started to fuss until the instructor picked me up and bounced with me on the yoga ball. Next thing I knew, I was asleep. That's sort of how my entire day went.

I was pretty tired after not taking naps for the past several days, so I did my best to make up for it. I slept in my swing, I slept in the car, I slept in the yoga instructor's arms, I even slept in my crib! For three hours! And then I slept again in the baby carrier while mama took Cowboy and me to Greenlake. All in all, I've only been awake for 7 hours today so far. I'm about to get a bath now and then I'll go to bed for the night, so it's been a pretty uneventful day.

Here's a picture of me holding hands with Oliver during yoga. He's got enough hair for both of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you and Oliver go to yoga? I keep telling my mom that I want to do yoga, and so far she hasn't paid any attention.