Monday, March 10, 2008

That's how I roll

Today I was on my tummy (which I absolutely hate) on my play mat (which I like quite a lot). I don't know why mama insists on putting me on my tummy, in spite of my very clear distaste of it. She calls it "tummy time" and even The Dude* says I'm supposed to do it. But then again, The Dude is the one who gives me shots every 2 months, so I'm not convinced that he has my best interests in mind.

Anyway, there I am on my tummy. I decided that I wasn't going to stand for it anymore, so I did some kicks and rolls and shoves and grunts. Then, miracle of miracles, I rolled over to my back! I was a bit startled to find myself facing up, and mama and A-mah were surprised and excited (and a little concerned because I thumped my head on the floor when I flipped over), but I didn't cry or fuss at all. You know why? Because I realized that it meant no more tummy time for me! Now if only I could figure out how to do it again, I'll never have to endure another moment of tummy time.

*The Dude = my doctor

No comments: