Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Size 1s are for babies

Today I used my last Size 1 diaper. Now that I'm such a big boy, Size 2s are the way to go! I just hope they still have the pictures of Elmo, Ernie, Cookie Monster and Big Bird on them.

I've also discovered, the hard way, that I am exactly as long as my crib is wide. I found this out the other night when I decided to kick my way around in my crib so that I was perpendicular to the way I'm supposed to sleep. I got my head wedged up against one of the crib bumpers so I started to cry, and since I was upset I stretched way out (that's what I do when I'm screaming) and my feet were pressed up against the opposite bumper. Then I couldn't move, so I screamed even louder. Mama came in and started laughing because I was locked in place with my blanket folded neatly beside me and she couldn't figure out how I'd done it. At least she moved me back, so I was able to go back to sleep. But since she laughed at me, the next night I woke up 3x during the night.

Speaking of which, I've been sleeping pretty well for awhile now. I go to bed every night by 7 PM and I usually only wake up once around 4 AM. When I wake up, I call for mama to give me some of the milk-drug (it's her fault...she's the one who got me hooked on it so now she has to continue to support my habit). She's usually half asleep and she doesn't even turn on the light, but I find my way to get my fix while she dozes off in the glider. When I'm done (with both sides...I know that there are two sides and I will not be short-changed), she puts me back in my crib and we both go back to sleep until about 7 AM. This system seems to be working for us.

Mama's been super busy trying to find someone to take care of me when she goes back to work next week. She's also been spending a fair amount of time trying to convince me to keep up with that bottle thing, but that's not working out so well. Why would I take a bottle when I know the source is right there?? Silly mama.

Since she's been so busy, mama's also really behind on posting pictures. Now that my hair is coming in so nicely (I believe it will be wavy when it gets longer but for now it's just fuzzy), I want to make sure everyone can admire me! My Dunlavey hair and Hill legs make quite the charming combination, after all. So I convinced mama to post a couple pictures to give you a taste of the cuteness that is me (lots more on mamarazza).









No comments: