Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ahhhhh-MAH! And Opa too!

My A-Mah and Opa are here for a visit! They are stopping by for a few days on their way to Taiwan. It's been so long since I've seen them -- I couldn't even sit up or eat solid food the last time they saw me! Can you imagine that? I was such a baby! But now that I'm a big guy, I'm showing off how well I cruise around the furniture and climb over everything that's in my way. We laugh a lot and I babble and sing and dance from side to side for them. A-Mah is teaching me how to wave "bye-bye" and she's also teaching me some words in Mandarin and German, so I'm quite multi-lingual (especially for someone who has yet to say my first word). I'm eating lots of Taiwanese food and I love it! In fact, after Mama gave me some of her stir-fried rice cake noodles at dinner today, I wouldn't eat my boring pasta with veggies unless I got a bite of her noodles after every bite of my pasta. (You may think that pasta and noodles are essentially the same, but trust me, they are not. At least, not this kind of yummy noodle.) And Cowboy is excited too, because A-Mah and Opa like to take him on walks every day. We're all having lots of fun!


In case you're trying to keep up with who's who in my family: I'm a very lucky boy because I have 6 grandparents! 4 just wouldn't be enough to keep up with my supreme wonderfulness. A-Mah ("grandma" in Taiwanese) and Opa ("grandpa" in German) are my Mama's mom and step-dad (Mama grew up in Germany, which is why I have a German Opa). Grandpa Walt and Grandma Joan (in Pennsylvania) are my Mama's dad and step-mom. Papa and Gramma Hill (in Colorado) are my Daddy's dad and mom.

No comments: