Sunday, November 2, 2008

Who's idea was this anyway?

This whole "Daylight Savings Time" thing is silly. This is the second time I've been through the "fall back" part, and I still don't like it. The first time was 363 days ago, my birthday. I let Mama know I was done cooking (she calls it "labor") on Saturday, and I was born on Sunday morning, the day the clocks were changed. It didn't really make a difference to me (I was obviously on my own schedule, considering that I wasn't supposed to show up for another few weeks), but everyone in the hospital was confused. "The doctor said to call him again at 3:30AM to let him know how she's progressing. Hmmm...I wonder if he'd set his watch back when he said that?" "Are we going by the time on the wall clock (not set back yet) or the computer clock (already set back)?" It also meant that Mama "lost" (saved?) an hour of labor, but she sure didn't feel that way.

Anyway, this year the whole DST thing bothers me more. Mostly because everyone else is just acting like things are fine when I KNOW it's time for me to get some food or take a nap!

This morning we went to Jammy's Aunt Cookie's to take some 1-year photos. I was pretty good about it until I realized that Mama and Daddy intended to act like this new "fall back" time is the real time. I don't care if the clock says it's only 11AM...my stomach says it's LUNCH TIME. So I did what's only reasonable: I had a melt-down. It's not exactly photogenic, but it gets my point across.

Hopefully Aunt Cookie was able to get at least a couple good pictures!

No comments: