Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Today I had my very first Thanksgiving dinner! I'm not sure why I didn't get one last year, since this is my second Thanksgiving, but it might have something to do with the whole breastfeeding vs. solid food thing. Anyway, since I was sick last night, Mama and Daddy decided at the last minute to cook the whole meal at home. Mama sent Daddy to the grocery store with a list of what she needed, and then she cooked all morning. Daddy's job was to make the turkey and clean up the pots and pans so Mama could keep cooking. He did his job well.

Mama made quite a feast! I wonder why she doesn't cook like this every day? She made these yummy roasted garlic mashed potatoes, as well as sweet potatoes with marshmallows, almond green beans, rosemary sage stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy. She gave me a little bit of everything, but I didn't eat much of it. I didn't like the turkey at all -- I kept taking it out of my mouth and putting it on the table. I'd eat the green beans and stuffing, but I wasn't too happy about it. However, I really liked the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce! Mmm mmm...garlicky, sweet, and tart yummy goodness (respectively).

I also did another first: I fed Cowboy directly. I often feed him indirectly (by throwing/dropping food on the ground), but this time I took my bread crust and handed it to him. I held on to it so he could bite off his end and I could keep my end to suck on. Cowboy was happy, I was pretty proud of myself, but Mama and Daddy weren't very impressed.

Now I'm taking another nap. After my big night last night, I haven't done much more than sleep all day today. I woke up at 9, ate breakfast, napped from 10 - 12:30, played for a bit, ate lunch, and now I'm napping again at 2. Mama is hoping that this is all catch-up (I have 8 hours worth of catch-up to do) and it won't interfere with my sleep tonight!

Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving feast. There I am checking out the spread, and then eating some mashed potatoes. Note our fancy serving dishes -- in particular, the gravy boat.


Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zachary,

You will have to teach me how to nap and write at the same time. Think of the time I could save! Think of the possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Magic baby powers. Muah-hah-hah!!