Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy first day of my birthday month!

Only 3 more days until I turn 1 year old! This is a great month for birthdays. Not only is it my birthday month, but it's also Oliver and Jammy's birthday month! I guess that's what happens when you make friends in birthing class. And in my family, November is when Grandpa Walt and Gramma Hill have their birthdays too! So I'm in pretty good company.

My Mama says that, as a very special birthday present to me, those annoying political ads will stop running on TV and the radio. Thank goodness. I'm a little tired of it all, especially those ads that sound so angry. Mama tells me that they are campaigning for themselves, but it sounds more like they are campaigning against other people. It's like doing a Coke commercial that spends the whole time saying, "Pepsi is yucky" and then forgets to mention why you should drink Coke instead. You end up remembering, "Someone said Pepsi is yucky..." but you can't remember what you should drink otherwise. Not that either Coke or Pepsi is an option for me, but you get the idea.

I don't mind the signs as much, because Mama reads them for me. "Obama/Biden wish Zachary a happy birthday" and "McCain/Palin can't wait for Zachary's first birthday". It's awfully nice of them to print signs for my birthday, but really, it's not necessary. Next year, they can just send cards.

No comments: